Algebraic Geometry SI(AG)2
The purpose of this activity group is to bring together researchers who use algebraic geometry in industrial and applied mathematics. "Algebraic geometry" is interpreted broadly to include at least:
algebraic geometry, commutative algebra, noncommutative algebra, symbolic and numeric computation, algebraic and geometric combinatorics, representation theory, and algebraic topology.
These methods have already seen applications in:
biology, coding theory, cryptography, computer graphics, quantum computing, control theory, geometric design, complexity theory, machine learning, optimization, robotics, computational geometry, and statistics.
We welcome participation from both theoretical mathematical areas and application areas not on this list which fall under this broadly interpreted notion of algebraic geometry and its applications.
The activity group organizes the biennial SIAM Conference an Applied Algebraic Geometry and minisymposia at the SIAM annual meetings. In addition, it maintains a wiki, a membership directory, and an electronic mailing list.
- Chair: Seth Sullivant (1/1/12 - 12/31/13)
- Vice Chair: Iwan Duursma (1/1/12 - 12/31/13)
- Program Director: Anton Leykin (1/1/12 - 12/31/13)
- Secretary: Jan Draisma (1/1/12 - 12/31/13)
- Advisory Panel: Gunnar Carlsson, Reinhard Laubenbacher, Pablo Parrilo, Joachim Rosenthal, Andrew Sommese, Bernd Sturmfels