- Member of SIAG
- Elected by the members of the SIAG (except for the first Secretary of the SIAG who is appointed by the President of SIAM)
- Keep a record of the affairs of the SIAG.
- Handle SIAG correspondence.
- Submit a short yearly report on its activities (by e-mail to the VP at Large at least one month before the SIAM annual meeting.)
- Oversee the production and distribution of SIAG newsletters.
- Insure that the information about the SIAG on the SIAM website is correct.
- Maintain minutes of the SIAG business meetings.