Information for Authors
Because SIAM publishes a select number of books each year, we are able to work closely with authors and provide special services that may not be available from other publishers. Each book published at SIAM is a special project. The guidelines and processes described here are general and are intended to give you an overall picture of the publication process. Many procedures will be modified to meet the special requirements of your book.
We request that you follow these guidelines:
- please supply EPS figure files,
- please make sure all figures are 300dpi or greater, and
- please do not introduce hard page breaks.
This makes the production process run smoothly and is required to successfully reproduce your book at the printer.
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Proposal Submission, the Review Process, and the Contract Decision
- Chapter 3: The Publication Agreement
- Chapter 4: Components of Your Manuscript
- Chapter 5: Preparing Your Manuscript in SIAM's Format
- Chapter 6: The Book Production Process
- Chapter 7: Marketing Your Book | Marketing FAQ
- Book Macros
- Download Indexing Guidelines [PDF, 2.08MB]
- Download Entire Handbook [PDF, 124KB]
- Where Should I Send My Proposal?
The style manual provides guidelines for SIAM's copyeditors. Authors may find the manual useful in the preparation of their manuscripts.