Information for Authors
Because SIAM publishes a select number of books each year, we are able to work closely with authors and provide special services that may not be available from other publishers. Each book published at SIAM is a special project. The guidelines and processes described here are general and are intended to give you an overall picture of the publication process. Many procedures will be modified to meet the special requirements of your book.
To speed the production process, eliminate errors, and successfully reproduce your book at the printer, please follow these guidelines:
- supply EPS figure files,
- make sure all figures are 300dpi or greater,
- keep track of all sources for images taken from web,
- do not introduce hard page breaks, and
- use a URL shortening service such as Bitly, TinyURL, or Ow.ly to replace long, unwieldy links with short versions.
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Proposal Submission, the Review Process, and the Contract Decision
- Chapter 3: The Publication Agreement
- Chapter 4: Components of Your Manuscript
- Chapter 5: Preparing Your Manuscript in SIAM's Format
- Chapter 6: The Book Production Process
- Chapter 7: Marketing Your Book | Marketing FAQ
- Book Macros
- Download Indexing Guidelines [PDF, 2.08MB]
- Download Entire Handbook [PDF, 124KB]
- Where Should I Send My Proposal?
The style manual provides guidelines for SIAM's copyeditors. Authors may find the manual useful in the preparation of their manuscripts.