Get Involved with a Section
Membership in most Sections is free and automatic for any current SIAM member living in the geographical area served by the Section. To get involved with a Section, simply find and attend a Section activity or event or contact the Section officers in your area. Event information can be found on the SIAM Sections Calendar and contact information can be found on each Section's webpage. If there is not a Section currently serving your geographic area, consider starting one!
Why get involved?
- Join networks of professionals who share your research interests.
- Enhance your visibility in these key networks.
- It’s a great way to get more involved with SIAM.
- Section activities are planned by its members, so you can get in on the ground floor.
- Be a current paid member of SIAM or a current free student member.
- Live in the geographical area served by the Section.
- Free for any member of SIAM.
- Some Sections may collect dues in order to fund activities or may charge a registration fee for events. See each Section's page for details.
- You will receive electronic communications from your Section to keep you up-to-date on current developments affecting your specialty.
- You are eligible for nomination as a candidate for Section office and may participate in the selection of your Section's officers.
- News and information specific to your area are at your fingertips through your Section's webpage.