Join UsFor full-time students, there are free or deeply discounted memberships and added benefits.
Students -- You can join SIAM for free
- If you attend an institution that is an Academic Member of SIAM
- If you are a member of a Student Chapter of SIAM
- If you are nominated by a nonstudent member of SIAM
Why you should join
- Opportunities to network with peers and faculty
- Meet professionals from major research institutions and corporations who were once where you are now
- Increased visibility in the applied mathematics and computational science communities
- Access to cutting edge research
- Resources for identifying and developing career options in applied and computational math
What you will get:
- Free membership in two SIAM Activity Groups (SIAG)
- Subscription to SIAM News
- Subscription to SIAM Review
- Free student members get electronic access only
- Deeply discounted student rates include print and electronic access
- 30% discount on all SIAM books
- 80% discount on up to four (4) subscriptions to SIAM journals in print and any number of electronic journals
- 95% discount on electronic access to current content and archives for all 13 journals
- Eligibility to hold office and serve on SIAM committees
- Students paying the discounted rate are eligible to vote in SIAM elections.
You don't have to be a rocket scientist. Yet.A full-time student in any college or university studying mathematics, engineering, computer science, physical science, or who uses mathematics or computational methods in any field of study, is eligible to become a Student Member of SIAM.
We won't break the bank.There are plenty of opportunities for students to join SIAM for free. Even if you don't qualify for a free membership, as a student you pay only $25 and receive all the benefits of membership plus more. That's a $117 savings over Regular Member price.
So go ahead, SIGN UP!