Support our Mission
Your donation helps SIAM carry out its mission to advance the application of mathematics to science and industry and to promote research in applied mathematics and computational science. SIAM is dedicated to serving this mission worldwide and to ensuring the health of our discipline.
Your gift can support numerous initiatives, from helping students and early career professionals to bolstering the resources and media we develop for the exchange of information among professionals. Through our donation options, you are free to designate your gift to a specific SIAM program or give to our general fund.
What can your gift help make happen? In the past, support from our community has helped SIAM create named prizes as well as special programs, like the Gene Golub SIAM Summer School, created in 2010 by an individual endowment and funding an annual 1-2 week long school for graduate students in mathematical sciences.
Your support helps SIAM:
- Strengthen and enhance the global landscape of applied mathematics and computational science through strategic international initiatives
- Foster productive networking, collaboration, mentorship and recognition opportunities leading to invaluable career advancement for members and innovative research cooperation
- Increase student interest and awareness of STEM-related careers through resources and information
- Promote the discipline by recognizing and publicizing important developments and novel applications in the field
- Further engage people from underrepresented groups in STEM fields
- Maintain a presence in Washington, DC, where we work with policymakers and actively advocate for science funding while also keeping our membership aware and knowledgeable on policy issues
If you are considering a major gift or wish to learn how to bequest funds to SIAM, please contact our Executive Director’s Office at 215-382-9811.
Questions about how to donate? Please contact SIAM’s Chief Operating Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SIAM is a 501(c)(3) organization in the United States and therefore charitable donations to SIAM may be tax deductible; please consult your tax accountant.