e-books for Individuals
The SIAM library is available for individuals on Google Play™
e-books for Institutions
Purchasing and subscription information for libraries.
Access SIAM e-books on Atypon
Your library’s direct electronic access to the world’s leading catalog of applied mathematics and computational science titles.
The SIAM library is available for individuals on Google Play™
Read SIAM’s top-quality publications valued by applied mathematicians and computational scientists throughout the world in electronic format. SIAM books are now available electronically on Google Play™ for use with popular e-book platforms, including Apple® and Android™ devices; Nook®; Sony® eReader; as well as most tablets, laptops, smartphones, and desktop computers. To purchase, visit play.google.com and search for your desired title. Follow the instructions to buy and download (or use from Cloud storage). It’s a new and easy way to access the knowledge and insight you’ll find in every SIAM book.
SIAM e-books can be purchased on Google Play in the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela, Vietnam.
SIAM books have expanded their availability and ease of access by launching a new e-books program.
- Universal: stored in PDF files, readable on all browsers and computers
- Convenient: viewable by chapter and searchable by keyword and chapter heading
- Secure: hosted on the same platform as SIAM journals
- Innovative: easily cross-searched with SIAM journals by readers and researchers
For more than 50 years, SIAM books have been a leading source of knowledge for the world’s applied mathematics and computational science communities. SIAM’s line-up of stellar, prize-winning authors and titles that address both timely and fundamental topics have made SIAM books indispensible to researchers, faculty, and students around the world.The SIAM e-book library of almost 400 books is available for institutions to offer to their users electronically, via purchase or subscription. Access almost every title in SIAM’s 14 book series. The collection will continue to grow year after year.
Please read our FAQs. Then contact SIAM so that we can have your organization ready to go online with us as soon as possible.
Choose the access plan that works best for your needs.
Option A: Perpetual Access Purchase includes perpetual access to books published in 2014 plus access to back titles.
Perpetual access rates:
SIAM Academic or Corporate Member onetime fee: $15,120.00
Other universities and organizations onetime fee: $18,900.00
Annual maintenance fee in future years (see below): $300.00
- To continue to have Perpetual Access to books referenced above in future years via Literatum, http://epubs.siam.org/ , the customer must:
- Pay $300 annual maintenance fee each year after 2014 OR
- Subscribe to at least one journal each year after 2014
- To add access to books published in future years to perpetual access via Literatum, the customer must purchase an Add-on subscription in 2015 and in each future year. See Option B below. Customer retains perpetual access to any titles published during Add-on subscription years.
- If customer does not pay $300, does not have another journal subscription or does not purchase an Add-on in future years, perpetual access to book published in 2013 and back titles will be available through Portico, www.portico.org .
- A completed Online Agreement is required, www.siam.org/books/ebookOJSA .
Option B: Perpetual access Add-on adds perpetual access to books published in 2014 to Perpetual Access already purchased in 2013 or before:
Perpetual access Add-on rates:
Add-on purchase for Academic or Corporate Member $1,340.00
Add-on purchase for non-members $1,675.00
Option C: Annual Access Subscription includes books published in 2014 plus access to back titles.
Annual Subscription rates:
SIAM Academic or Corporate Member fee for 2014: $1,759.00
Other universities and organizations fee for 2014: $2,199.00
- Access will expire if Annual Access is not renewed in 2015.
- If do not renew Annual Subscription in 2015:
- Customer can get access to books published in Annual subscription year through Portico if organization is a member of Portico or
- Customer can pay $100 for a DVD of books published in the Annual subscription year from SIAM.
- A completed Online Agreement is required.
- Agency Discount on all prices listed above: 5% on new orders and 3% on Add-on purchases and Annual Subscription renewals.
For Librarians: MARC files for SIAM e-books
Help e-book users find exactly what they're looking for! Below are downloadable MARC records for SIAM e-books.
MARC Records for new 2014 e-books:
As of August 15, 2013, we will be providing RDA compatible records instead of AACR2.
- Vehicle Routing: Problems, Methods, and Applications, Second Edition (Posted 12/17/14)
Edited by Paolo Toth and Daniele Vigo
- Introduction to Nonlinear Optimization: Theory, Algorithms, and Applications with MATLAB (Posted 10/30/14)
- Variational Analysis in Sobolev and BV Spaces: Applications to PDEs and Optimization, Second Edition (Posted 10/10/14)
Hedy Attouch, Giuseppe Buttazzo, and Gérard Michaille
- Solving Transcendental Equations: The Chebyshev Polynomial Proxy and other Numerical Rootfinders, Perturbation Series, and Oracles (Posted 10/10/14)
John P. Boyd
- Programming Projects in C for Students of Engineering, Science, and Mathematics (Posted 09/18/14)
- Climate Modeling for Scientists and Engineers (Posted 09/04/14)
John B. Drake
- Iterative Methods for Linear Systems: Theory and Applications (Posted 07/21/14)
Maxim A. Olshanskii and Eugene E. Tyrtyshnikov
- Practical Augmented Lagrangian Methods for Constrained Optimization (Posted 05/02/14)
E. G. Birgin and J. M. Martínez
- Nonlinear Time Scale Systems in Standard and Nonstandard Forms (Posted 05/02/14)
Anshu Narang-Siddarth and John Valasek
Download MARC Records for SIAM e-books from 2013 and prior here: