Benefits of Student Chapters of SIAM
Student members of SIAM student chapters are eligible to receive free student memberships in SIAM.
- Encourage your chapter members to join SIAM. There are three ways for students to get free membership. Click here for details.
SIAM provides opportunities to recognize student chapter members for outstanding service to the chapter. .
- Participate in the Certificate of Recognition program to distinguish one of your chapter member’s hard work and add something noteworthy to the student's record for career building.
- To apply for funds, submit "Request for Funding" to Membership Coordinator Nancy Snell. Requests received by September 30 of the current academic year will be given priority consideration. It is anticipated that new chapters will submit requests for funding throughout the year, as they are established.
- Send chapter Web links to Membership Coordinator Nancy Snell for inclusion on the SIAM Web page on current chapters.
- Send ideas for articles on your chapter activities to Membership Manager Tim Fest.
There are opportunities for collaborating among the chapters from all over the world.
Listserves for chapter faculty advisors and student representatives
- When new chapters are approved, the faculty advisor will be added to the listserve for chapter faculty advisors. Student representatives, and all Student Chapter Presidents, will be added to the listserve for student chapter leadership. Contact Membership Coordinator Nancy Snell for details on how to access these listserves.
Send updates on chapter information to Nancy Snell at email@example.com.