Committees of SIAM
SIAM has a number of committees and boards that report to various entities within SIAM. The typical term on a SIAM committee is three years. In the interest of encouraging diverse participation, more than two consecutive terms on a given committee are discouraged, except for the committees of the Board. The following is a list of those committees.
|Volunteer for or submit recommendations for general SIAM committees and the SIAM representatives to national and joint committees.|
Committees of the Board. The SIAM Board of Trustees has four committees that help carry out its work. The Board makes the appointments to these committees.
- Compensation Committee
- Employee Pension Oversight Committee (EPOC)
- Financial Management Committee (FMC)
- Systems Oversight Committee (SOC)
In addition, the SIAM Board of Trustees and the SIAM Council both appoint at-large members to the Nominating Committee.
Some specific committees are the responsibility of a SIAM vice president:
- Editorial Boards. Editorial boards are the responsibility of the SIAM Vice President for Publications.
- Conference Organizing Committees. The SIAM Vice President for Programs has the responsibility for approving Conference Organizing Committees.
- Prize Selection Committees. The formation of Prize Selection Committees is listed in each prize specification (see http://www.siam.org/prizes/sponsored/).
General SIAM Committees. The Committee on Committees and Appointments (CCA) oversees the structure of and appointments to general SIAM committees, and the SIAM President makes all appointments to these committees. These committees include:
- Book Committee
- Committee on Committees and Appointments (CCA)
- Committee on Section Activities
- Diversity Advisory Committee
- Education Committee
- Fellows Selection Committee
- Gene Golub SIAM Summer School
- SIAM Industry Committee
- Journal Committee
- Major Awards Committee (MAC)
- Membership Committee
- Committee on Programs and Conferences
- Committee on Science Policy (CSP)
- Web Advisory Committee
Ad hoc committees are appointed by the President to fulfill specific objectives of the Society. These committees are temporary and cease operation once their objectives have been met.
SIAM also appoints representatives to various national and joint committees, and the CCA oversees the appointments to these committees with the SIAM President making the appointments: