Guidelines for SIAM Cooperation with Another Meeting
Organizers of a meeting may request that their meeting be held in cooperation with SIAM. View meetings in cooperation with SIAM.
The following guidelines should be addressed in any request to SIAM when requesting in cooperation status:
- SIAM cooperation must be approved by the SIAM Vice-President for Programs.
- If the Vice President for Programs approves SIAM cooperation then, in addition, cooperation may be requested with an individual SIAM Activity Group. In this case, the Vice President for Programs will contact the chair of the SIAM Activity Group and make the request for cooperation.
- Approval, if granted, is on a conference-by-conference basis (i.e. approval for one year does not automatically imply approval for any following conferences).
- The organizers agree that SIAM will bear no financial or legal liability for the conference.
- SIAM's participation must be recognized on all conference announcements and programs using "in cooperation with the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM)" or by listing the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics as a "cooperating society" (if in cooperation with a SIAM activity group, add the name of the group after the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics above). Visit our Logo Guide to download SIAM logos.
- If cooperation with a SIAM Activity Group has also been approved, add the name of the group after the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics as described above.
- At least one SIAM member must be on the organizing committee; that member must be listed explicitly as the SIAM representative on all conference materials and announcements.
- Requests for cooperation should be made as early as possible. SIAM may not be able to grant a request for cooperation if it arrives too late in the promotion cycle. Ideally, a request for cooperation should arrive prior to or at the time of the first public announcement of the conference.
- The dates of the proposed conference must not fall within two weeks of any day of SIAM's Annual Meeting nor within two weeks of any day of any SIAM conference that may have similar themes to the proposed conference. View the SIAM Conference Calendar.
- If there is a discounted registration fee offered to members of any sponsoring or co-sponsoring organization, the same discounted fee must also be offered to SIAM members.
- SIAM may request a final list of attendees and speakers, including contact information (affiliation, mailing address, phone number, email).
- SIAM will consider diversity issues when deciding whether to cooperate on a given conference.
As a cooperating society, SIAM agrees to have its name used in promoting the conference and to list the conference in our online Applied Mathematics and Computational Science Conferences Calendar on SIAM News and our website devoted to conferences in which we are a cooperating society.