For Prize Winners
Accepting Your Award
Prizes are frequently associated with a SIAM meeting. We encourage prize recipients to attend the meeting at which their prize is awarded. In order to make this easier for prize recipients, SIAM will waive meeting registration fees and reimburse participants for costs incurred in traveling to the meeting. A SIAM staff member will reach out to you to ask whether or not you plan on attending the meeting.
- For conferences within the U.S., SIAM will register for you and waive the conference registration fee. Please do not register.
- For conferences outside of the U.S., you will need to register for the conference. You will be able to submit for reimbursement.
- For conferences within the U.S., SIAM will reserve a hotel room for you at the meeting's headquarter hotel. A member from SIAM staff will reach out to you via email for your accommodation specifics. You will be asked to pay for your room at the time of the stay and submit for reimbursement.
- For conferences outside of the U.S., you will need to make your own hotel accommodations. You will be able to submit for reimbursement.
As part of your award, SIAM will reimburse your expenses incurred in attending the meeting to accept your award. This includes air and ground transportation to and from the meeting, your hotel accommodation, and meals. We ask that you pay for these items up front and then submit for reimbursement.
Reimbursement of travel expenses to attend the meeting will normally be limited to a maximum of $1,500 within the United States and $2,500 for international travel.
- Fill out Expense Report Form
- Include receipts for all items listed in the expense report form
- This includes airfare, train, taxi/shuttle, car rental, private auto mileage, tolls, and parking
- Hotel Accommodation
- Using a per diem rate for reporting meal expenses is encouraged. We will notify you of the per diem rate calculated for the conference site. Please report the full rate for your full days at the conference and 75% of that for your day of arrival and day of departure.
- If you choose to submit receipts for meals, they must be itemized with the meal and drink that you order.
- Send Expense Report Form & corresponding receipts to SIAM
- Via email (preferred)
- Via mail:
Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
c/o Prizes and Awards Coordinator
3600 Market Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Spotlight and Contact Information
SIAM would like to celebrate the accolades of our prize recipients and promote their work in future media posts. Upon accepting your award, you will be contacted by SIAM staff for information about yourself, your research, and what SIAM means to you. Additionally, SIAM will request your contact and mailing information for the purpose of creating and shipping your award. Typically, SIAM will request the following items:
- Name as you would like it to appear on your award
- Mailing address
- Photograph (preferably a high-res portrait shot, formal or informal)
- Quote about why you're excited to be awarded the prize
- Brief biosketch
- A few sentences each on your research that won you the prize; what your research means to the public; and what being a SIAM member means to you.